We are always open to engaging with finance professionals who share our DNA. If you are interested in joining the MA Financial Group team, please see our current job opportunities listed below and on our LinkedIn page.
Elevate your career and challenge yourself with MA Financial Group’s Internship program
About the team
The Corporate Advisory team provides strategic and financial advice for mergers and acquisitions, equity capital markets, debt capital markets and restructuring across a range of industries including real estate, technology, general industrials and others.
The Corporate Advisory team is looking to continue to grow their team with ambitious and talented individuals due to a huge growth trajectory and strong deal flow.
About the role
You’ll join our Corporate Advisory team for eight to ten weeks where you will gain invaluable exposure to the mechanics of a corporate advisory transaction.
We offer extensive on-the-job training throughout the course of the internship. You will have the opportunity to establish and grow your professional network and connect with not only other interns, but with people from across the business.
You will be mentored by some of the very best and brightest to ensure you leave equipped with unparalleled industry insights, tools and a well-rounded understanding of what it takes to become a high performing investment banker.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the execution of deals
- Financial modelling and valuation
- Drafting marketing documents such as Management Presentations and Information Memorandums
- Assisting in the preparation of marketing pitchbooks and related materials
- Gathering public information
- Producing and maintaining various databases.
- You are a university student in your penultimate year of study with strong academic results
- Your studies have a finance / business / law / engineering / science / mathematics focus
- You have excellent analytical and numerical skills
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You are a team player with a strong work ethic
- You are innovative, entrepreneurial and thrive in a fast paced environment
- You have your own unique interests, perspectives and experience which adds diversity of thought and ideas to our team.
2022/2023 Summer Analyst Internship applications open June 2022
Our values and behaviours
- We actively seek sustainable value creation
- We are committed to continuous improvement and technical excellence
- We pursue ongoing learning, and we invest in practical individual and team development
- We pair our growth with integrity at all times.
- We recognise the whole is greater than the sum of its parts
- We encourage each other to pursue opportunities and empower one another to succeed
- We actively find solutions, not problems
- We value diversity of thought and constructive debate and feedback.
- We uncover opportunities others may miss and transform them into actionable and meaningful outcomes for our clients
- We constantly develop and share new ideas across business units
- We are entrepreneurial and think and act like business owners
- We are hard-working and resilient.
- We accept our commitments and are accountable to deliver on them
- We own and discuss our mistakes and learn from them
- We actively think about and manage risk
- We speak up and we don’t accept inappropriate behaviour and actions.