MA Priority Income Fund
A diversified private credit fund with a unique structure. The Fund provides investors exposure to a diversified portfolio of defensive credit investments seeking to preserve capital and deliver stable monthly income of the RBA Cash Rate + 4.00% p.a. (current target return 8.35% p.a.).¹
The Fund seeks to provide consistent monthly income across all market conditions of the RBA Cash Rate + 4.00% p.a.1
Focused on a diversified and defensive credit strategy, recognising the Fund sits in the defensive part of an investor’s portfolio.
A 10% co-investment by MA Financial Group acts as a capital buffer to the benefit of investors and provides income priority features.
The Fund is actively managed by a team of investment professionals whose priority is to preserve investor capital in two ways – via a defensive strategy and a unique Fund structure.
The strategy is focused on creating a diversified portfolio of investments spanning different borrowers, industries and credit market segments including consumer, commercial and real estate loans.
MA Financial co-invests in the Portfolio to an amount equal to 10% of the Fund’s total capital (Capital Buffer), prioritising income and capital preservation for investors.
The Capital Buffer has remained fully intact since inception, and the Fund has an unbroken history of meeting its Target Return.2
Watch this short video to hear Portfolio Manager, John Sheffield, introduce the Fund, provide an overview of the private credit market and outline some of the advantages of investing in the asset class.
RBA Cash Rate + 4.00% p.a.1
Minimum Initial Investment
Retail and Wholesale investors
$2.00 (as at 1 November 2023)
0.50% p.a. of the net asset value of the Master Trust4
Australian Money Market, BT Panorama, CFS Edge, CFS First Wrap, DASH, HUB24, Macquarie Wrap, Masons Stevens, Netwealth, North, OneVue, Powerwrap, Praemium
648 809 849
Risk Rating: Low risk classification6
All investments carry risk. Different investments carry different levels of risk, depending on the investment strategy and the underlying assets. Generally, the higher the potential return of an investment, the greater the risk. The risks of investing in this Fund include but are not limited to:
Construction and management of the Portfolio. The investment strategy to be used by the Manager includes inherent risks. These include, but are not limited to, the ability of the Manager to build and maintain a Portfolio that achieves the Fund's investment objective, and which is consistent with the investment strategy and investment guidelines set out in this PDS and as permitted under the law.
Credit risk. Credit risk is the risk that one or more assets in the Portfolio may decline in price or fail to pay interest or principal when due because the credit counterparty or borrower experiences a decline in its financial status.
Investment sourcing. The success of the Fund depends on the ability of the Manager to identify suitable investment opportunities. The availability of investment opportunities will be subject to market conditions and other factors outside the control of the Manager.
More information on the risks of investing in the Fund is contained in the Product Disclosure Statement, which should be considered before deciding to invest in the Fund.
How to invest
Submit the Application Form and any required identification documents.
If accepted, valid applications for Units received by the unit registry before 2pm on any Business Day will be processed at the application price, and Units will be issued on the first Business Day of the following month.
Post: GPO Box 3993 Sydney NSW 2001
Hand deliver: Level 8, 210 George Street Sydney NSW 2000
Design and Distribution Obligations
Issuers and distributors of financial products must comply with the Design and Distribution Obligations (DDO) from 5 October 2021. Distributors are required to notify the product issuer of any significant dealing in a product that is not consistent with the Target Market Determination and any complaints received in relation to the Fund. For more information regarding distributors’ reporting obligations, please refer to the Fund’s Target Market Determination.
You can use the Financial Services Council (FSC) reporting templates, or the templates provided below to report significant dealings and complaints to the Responsible Entity.
Any significant dealings or complaints can be reported to:
Private credit market video series
For more information and to arrange a discussion, please contact us.
1. Net of fees and costs. Refer to the Fund’s Product Disclosure Statement and Reference Booklet for further information on target returns and Fund details. Current target return as at November 2023.
2. The Fund was established in November 2018.
3. Where the Fund is liquid, a 30-day notice period is required for withdrawals but requests may be processed and paid sooner at the Responsible Entity's discretion. Withdrawal requests are subject to the Product Disclosure Statement and may be delayed or suspended in accordance with the procedures set out in the Product Disclosure Statement and the Fund Constitution. Note that up to 18 months is allowed under the constitution to satisfy withdrawal requests. Refer to the Product Disclosure Statement for details on withdrawals from the Fund. Before making an investment decision, always read and understand the Fund's Product Disclosure Statement and all other relevant or updated information regarding the Fund.
4. Refer to the Product Disclosure Statement for details of all fees and costs associated with this product.
5. The rating issued for MAA8010AU 09/2022 is published by Lonsec Research Pty Ltd ABN 11 151 658 561 AFSL 421 445 (Lonsec). Ratings are general advice only, and have been prepared without taking account of your objectives, financial situation or needs. Consider your personal circumstances, read the product disclosure statement and seek independent financial advice before investing. The rating is not a recommendation to purchase, sell or hold any product. Past performance information is not indicative of future performance. Ratings are subject to change without notice and Lonsec assumes no obligation to update. Lonsec uses objective criteria and receives a fee from the Fund Manager. Visit lonsec.com.au for ratings information and to access the full report. © 2023 Lonsec. All rights reserved.
6. This risk classification is provided as a guide. In assessing the relative risks of this product we have had reference to the categories of risk described in the Standard Risk Measure Guidance Paper for Trustees issued jointly by the Financial Services Council (of which MA Financial Group is a member) and the Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia dated July 2011.
This information has been prepared by MAAM RE Limited ABN 34 135 855 186, AFSL 335783 the issuer and responsible entity (Responsible Entity) for the units in the MA Priority Income Fund ARSN 648 809 849 (Fund) and the issuer of the units in the Fund.
The information contained in this document is of a general nature only and has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before making any investment decision you should consider obtaining professional investment advice that takes into account your personal circumstances and should read the current product disclosure statement (PDS) of the Fund and the target market determination (TMD). The PDS and TMD for the Fund is available at https://mafinancial.com/invest/private-credit/ma-priority-income-fund. Neither the Responsible Entity nor MA Financial Group or any member in its group guarantees repayment of capital or any particular rate of return from the Fund. All opinions and estimates included in this document constitute judgments of the Responsible Entity as at the date of this document and are subject to change without notice. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance. The value or return of an investment will fluctuate and an investor may lose some or all of their investment. Whilst the Responsible Entity believes the information contained in these materials are based on reliable information, no warranty is given to its accuracy and persons relying on this information do so at their own risk. To the extent permitted by law, no liability is accepted for any loss or damage as a result of any reliance on this information. Statements contained on this fund page that are not historical facts are based on expectations, estimates, projections, opinions and beliefs of the Responsible Entity as at the date of this document. Such statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors, and should not be relied upon in making an investment decision. These views may not necessarily reflect the views of MA Financial Group or any member in its group. Any references in this document to targeted or projected returns of the Fund are targets only and may not be achieved.
Investments in the Fund are subject to risk including possible delays in payment or loss of income and principal invested. This information is intended for recipients in Australia only.
The Responsible Entity's address is Level 27, Brookfield Place, Sydney NSW 2000. The Responsible Entity, its related bodies corporate, the Responsible Entity's directors and employees and associates of each may receive remuneration in respect of advice and other financial services provided by the Responsible Entity. The Responsible Entity has entered into various arrangements with MA Investment Management Pty Ltd in connection with the management of the financial products referred to in this website. In connection with these arrangements MA Investment Management Pty Ltd may receive remuneration or other benefits in respect of the financial services it provides.