We are an ASX-listed financial services firm specialising in asset management, lending, corporate advisory and equities.
Launched in 2009, we have advised on over $100 billion of transactions and raised over $12 billion of equity capital for our clients. Today, we have $6.9 billion in assets under management.
Established as a joint venture with NYSE-listed Moelis & Company – a leading global independent investment bank – the firm has grown to become a team of more than 425 across locations in Australia, China, Hong Kong and the United Kingdom.
With $6.9 billion in assets under management, our Asset Management division oversees institutional, wholesale and retail investments across real estate, credit, hospitality, private equity and venture capital. The team also manages traditional asset classes such as cash, bonds and listed equities.
Our Lending division funds high-quality loan portfolios and operates differentiated lending platforms. Our lending platforms focus on residential mortgage lending and specialty finance which includes legal disbursement funding.
We invest in loan portfolios, including providing asset-backed funding for non-bank and bank loans in Australia and the United States. Through our lending platforms, we provide a range of legal funding solutions including disbursement funding, refinancing of existing disbursement borrowings, settlement advance funding and family law funding.
In February 2022 we acquired Finsure, a leading residential mortgage aggregator business with a loan book on platform of $60.8 billion. Finsure offers more than 4,800 loan products from a panel of over 65 lenders to a network of over 2,000 mortgage brokers.
Corporate Advisory and Equities
Our Corporate Advisory & Equities business, MA Moelis Australia, provides strategic and financial advice for mergers and acquisitions, equity capital markets (ECM), debt capital markets and restructuring as well as cash equities trading. Our specialised sector capabilities include real estate, credit and restructuring, technology and small to mid-cap industrial companies.
Since 2009 we have managed in excess of $100 billion worth of transactions, including:
- Financial adviser to Speedcast in its $1.2bn debt restructuring
- Financial adviser to Freedom in its $364m restructure and recapitalisation
- Financial adviser to Senior Lenders in the Bluewaters Power debt restructuring
- Financial adviser to Tellus in its $135m debt refinancing
- Exclusive financial adviser to the Johns Lang Group in its US$144m acquisition of Reconstruction Experts and $230m Equity Raising
- Primewest’s $600m sale to Centuria Capital Group
- Stocklands $620m acquisition of Halcyon Group
- Joint lead manager and underwriter in Centuria COF $201m non-renounceable entitlement offer
- Cerberus’ $128m acquisition of Lincoln Place and establishment of Joint Venture
- Financial adviser to CitrusAd in its acquisition by Publicis Groupe
- Financial adviser to Think Childcare Group in its acquisition by Busy Bees Early Learning Australia
- Financial advisor, joint lead manager and bookrunner for Newmark Property REIT
Our Equities business provides securities research, sales and trading execution services to institutional and high net worth clients. We are primarily focused on small-cap and mid-cap industrial and real estate companies.
The Equities team complements the Corporate Advisory division by providing ECM expertise and distribution capabilities to facilitate transactions on behalf of clients.
Our values and behaviours
- We actively seek sustainable value creation
- We are committed to continuous improvement and technical excellence
- We pursue ongoing learning, and we invest in practical individual and team development
- We pair our growth with integrity at all times.
- We recognise the whole is greater than the sum of its parts
- We encourage each other to pursue opportunities and empower one another to succeed
- We actively find solutions, not problems
- We value diversity of thought and constructive debate and feedback.
- We uncover opportunities others may miss and transform them into actionable and meaningful outcomes for our clients
- We constantly develop and share new ideas across business units
- We are entrepreneurial and think and act like business owners
- We are hard-working and resilient.
- We accept our commitments and are accountable to deliver on them
- We own and discuss our mistakes and learn from them
- We actively think about and manage risk
- We speak up and we don’t accept inappropriate behaviour and actions.
One of our core principles has been to attract and hire the best people and empower them to reach their full potential. This approach has been consistent throughout the MA Financial journey and is core to our success.
Our diverse team shares a focus on the cross-pollination of ideas, and a drive to deliver innovative financial solutions and high engagement with our clients. The result is a flexible, entrepreneurial business culture with a strong reputation in domestic and international markets.
We are committed to providing a work environment where employees feel recognised, motivated, supported and have a strong sense of belonging.Learn more
The MA Foundation was launched in 2018. Its purpose is to positively impact the communities in which we operate.Learn more