MA Financial Group Limited, formerly Moelis Australia, is an ASX-listed financial services firm specialising in asset management, lending, corporate advisory and equities.
Launched in 2009, we have advised on transactions worth over $110 billion and assisted clients to raise $11.5 billion in equity capital markets. Today, we have $5.4 billion in assets under management.
Established as a joint venture with NYSE-listed Moelis & Company – a leading global independent investment bank – the firm has grown to become a team of 300+ across Sydney, Melbourne, London, Beijing and Shanghai.
With $5.4 billion in assets under management, our Asset Management division creates and manages investment opportunities for institutional, wholesale and retail investors in real estate, credit, hospitality private equity and venture capital.
Working with state and federal governments, MA Financial Group was a pioneer in the Significant Investor Visa space. Today, we’re one of Australia's largest fund managers for overseas high-net-wealth investors in the program.
Corporate Advisory and Equities
MA Moelis Australia is the advisory division of MA Financial Group. Our Corporate Advisory and Equities teams provide strategic and financial advice for mergers and acquisitions, equity capital markets, debt capital markets, IPOs, real estate and restructuring and recapitalisations.
We're part of a global strategic network of advisory experts, working closely with the global investment bank Moelis & Company, our long-term strategic partner based in New York.
Since 2009, our Corporate Advisory division has managed in excess of $110 billion worth of transactions, including:
- Varde, KKR and Deutsche Bank’s $8.2bn acquisition of GE Capital Australia & New Zealand Consumer Finance
- Reliance Rail’s $2bn recapitalisation and refinancing
- Hitachi’s $976m acquisition of Bradken
- Avoka Group’s US$245m sale to Temenos AG
- Ten Network’s sale to CBS; and the restructure of Channel 9.
Our Equities team provides specialist research, and sales and trading execution services to individual and institutional clients. The Equities Research team manages research on 64 stocks – 38 industrial and 26 real estate.
Our values and behaviours
- We actively seek sustainable value creation
- We are committed to continuous improvement and technical excellence
- We pursue ongoing learning, and we invest in practical individual and team development
- We pair our growth with integrity at all times.
- We recognise the whole is greater than the sum of its parts
- We encourage each other to pursue opportunities and empower one another to succeed
- We actively find solutions, not problems
- We value diversity of thought and constructive debate and feedback.
- We uncover opportunities others may miss and transform them into actionable and meaningful outcomes for our clients
- We constantly develop and share new ideas across business units
- We are entrepreneurial and think and act like business owners
- We are hard-working and resilient.
- We accept our commitments and are accountable to deliver on them
- We own and discuss our mistakes and learn from them
- We actively think about and manage risk
- We speak up and we don’t accept inappropriate behaviour and actions.
Our diverse team shares a focus on the cross-pollination of ideas, and a drive to deliver innovative financial solutions and high engagement with our clients. The result is a flexible, entrepreneurial business culture with a strong reputation in domestic and international markets.
Integrity, care and quality are at the core of who we are. Our founding executives and leadership team believe in developing internal talent; resulting in the promotion of four Managing Directors, six Executive Directors, and the first graduate recruit since our launch in 2009. We also continue to seek both industry leaders and the brightest new talent externally.Learn more
Established in 2017, the MA Foundation provides a way for our staff to support the charities and community initiatives they’re passionate about.Learn more